Sunday, October 28, 2007

National Thong Day

Where I grew up thongs were known as jandals. Who knows where that word ever came from - short for Japanese sandal apparently! Australians call them thongs while in the US they are flip flops. American thongs of course are much more attractive - though that always depends on who is wearing them. Same rule can apply to footwear I guess.

Somehow this slipped past me but National Thong Day, held last Wednesday, 24 October, apparently was aimed at drawing attention to poverty issues. Which can only be a good thing. We need constant reminding that there are others out there who need help. And those are not always overseas but most often are to be found right under our noses.


Having said that there is a small group here who round up resources from the corporate world and who package them up into gift packages and send them off to Sri Lanka each year. I have drawn attention to it before but in case you missed it, or perhaps want to be inspired by how one person can make a difference in the lives of others - in this case mainly orphaned kids - then have a look at Network Heaven.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Does anyone know who irganised National thong Day and whether it is going to be held again this year???

Depirately looking for answers for this ???

Anonymous said...

Now do you worried about that in the game do not had enough second life linden to play the game, now you can not worried, my friend told me a website, in here you can buy a lot linden dollars and only spend a little money, do not hesitate, it was really, in here we had much secondlife money, we can sure that you will get the cheap linden, quick to come here to buy lindens.

Now do you worried about that in the game do not had enough requiem gold to play the game, now you can not worried, my friend told me a website, in here you can buy a lot requiem lant and only spend a little money, do not hesitate, it was really, in here we had much requiem money, we can sure that you will get the cheap requiem lant, quick to come here to buy requiem online gold.

Aion gold said...

I like play online game, I also buy Aion gold and Aion gold, the Aion china gold is very cheap, and use the Aion China kina can buy many things, I like Aion chinese gold, thanks, it is very good.

dfadf said...

follow up with another email after a few days
Microsoft Office
often acknowledging that maybe the person
Office 2010
didn't get my message due to email trouble on my
Microsoft Office 2010
end (which, when I was in graduate school, was
Office 2010 key
For repeat offenders, I just use the phone whenever
Office 2010 download
Interesting post. I have been wondering about this issue,so thanks for posting.
Office 2010 Professional
I will be checking back for any new articles
I’ll likely be coming back to your blog. Keep up great writing. Find your great Travel News and sing the songs at Free Song Lyric or you can watch the drama at
Microsoft outlook
Outlook 2010
Thanks for kindly sharing it with us. Very well done indeed
Windows 7
Microsoft outlook 2010

Nike Australia said...

Soles of a variety of colors combinations, with a simple tape inclined plane full of feeling, personality, a cool summer!