Saturday, December 08, 2007

Flight Loads in the US - Getting Some

If I was was to reflect on my travel this last 12months I would ruminate over some of the unexpected destinations I found myself heading towards, obscure places visited and always the remarkable people I have met. Some old friends. And some new ones. The process of getting there has been interesting as well. The nightmare which is now Heathrow Airport stands out. And so too packed aircraft. I can understand there being no spare seats out of Baghdad - that kind of makes sense. In fact packed aircraft are now the norm although the thrill of flying (I am still a ten year old boy in that regard) tends to outweigh the small seats, lack of legroom and awful food. (Can anyone beat freeze dried carrots in a small plastic packet (flight from LA to Dallas)?) With cheaper airfares, the demands of business, and 2001 receding into the background (though the chart here barely registers a minor blip in 2001), more and more people are taking to the skies. In fact the expectation is that commercial airline passengers will double in the next ten years, explaining the massive buildup of global airlines which are creating their hubs in the Middle East. And then there is China's incredible airline expansion which has yet to really impact us. But it is not all bad. Being packed into a seat on a small MD80 making a connection from Philadelphia to Dallas earlier this year I got chatting to about six or seven American travellers in the rear of the aircraft. The cramped confines made for an intimate setting of sorts and we spent the couple of hours in the air talking about family and business but mainly literature. As we descended into the behemoth which is Dallas Forth Worth airport the woman next to me declared (imagine a slow southern drawl), for all the rear cabin to hear, "boy, with an accent like that you could get some." There was much mirth. Sometimes being an Australian abroad can be good for the ego - even if you are getting mileage out of something you have no say over. It was of course a standout moment in 2007.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Flight loads are now coming down with this economic downturn we're experiencing. A shame it took that to help ease the congestion.

Anonymous said...

Guitar Tabs Book

Anonymous said...

Flight loads all over are coming down with the slowdown. More people are also looking to rent studios and 1 bedroom apartments. The Apartments San Antonio are very popular if you are in the area, find a rental today.

Anonymous said...

The Gods wanted obesity and sedintarianism for their strategy, so they can position unrespectability among their tools, ensuring the disfavored, people like my family, would not be receptive and the corporate element could walk away cleanly.
When I became active I earned my good health through hard work, climbing these mountains until it became effortless. I was strong as an ox. But the Gods had other plans.
They slowed me down, gave me malnutrition through lack of appetitite and vomitting, and used these things to force renal failure, a condition I would not have expereinced until I was old like all the other people in those dialysis units if at all.
This will never be forgiven.
I'm sorry I had to but I'm glad I did it.

One of the goals of the Situation was abuse so severe that no matter who I was reincarnated as, no matter how much progress I made, all the gods had to do was envoke this life, the example above, and it would sabotage all progress I made up to that point.

I want to take my hate forward. Raised in the ghetto, misery, whatever it takes to instill hatred for the Gods, I deserve to take something from this life and this is what I want.

Cheap and easy, probably stumbled on this technology. Of course "cheap and easy" is punishment they inflict on Europeans through Christianity.
Fucking lousy hypocrites. Don't be surprised if they are the most hedonistic sexual deviates too.
"Welcome to Mustang Ranch. Girls, line up. You may have your choice of the girls. Multiples are extra."

zqy369 said...

At the same time, the standard has also attracted the attention of industry

associations, learned yesterday from the National Sports Committee for Standardization,

have, including the Association of Fujian Province shoe shoe Association and the production

of children's roller skates enterprise application drafting uniform production standards

for children's roller skates.
nike free 3.0